Preparation Time: 20 – 30 min Cooking Time: 15 – 20 min Serves: 3 – 4
Cheese Mince Leek Soup
1 mug Soya mince
Water for the Soya mince
1 tsp vegetable stock
1 tbsp sunflower oil
350 ml vegetable stock
3 leeks, chopped into thin rings
250 g non dairy creamy cheese
- Take a bowl and soak the soya mince in water as instructed on the packet. Add 1 tsp vegetable stock, leave it for around 20 min.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan and add the soya mince and fry for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime cut the leek lengthwise in half and then in thin half rings.
- Add the leek into the saucepan. Cover the saucepan and simmer over a gentle heat for around 5 minutes until the leek is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the creamy cheese and stir until the cheese is melted, add the 350 ml vegetable stock and simmer again for around 5 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir some salt or pepper if necessary.
Alternatively, you can use mince (half beef – half pork) instead the soya mince.