Preparation Time: 20 – 30 min Cooking Time: 30 min Serves: 4 – 6
Rice Mince Gratin
200g Soya mince
800 ml vegetable stock
2 red onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 can of chopped tomato (400g)
200 g rice
350 ml vegetable stock
250 ml OAT cream
180 g vegan cheese, grated
Salt, pepper and oregano
- Take a bowl and soak the soya granulate in the vegetable stock as prescribed and leave it for around 20 min. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan, fry the onion and garlic golden brown and add the soya mince, let it simmer with a gentle heat for a few minutes.
- Seasoning with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour in the tomato, the rice and the vegetable stock and let the rice a bit upwelling.
- Add the mixture into a large baking tin.
- Mix the OAT cream and the grated cheese in a bowl and pour over the mince rice mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbling on top.
Alternatively you can take 400g mincemeat instead soya mince.
Preparation Time: Less than 30 min Cooking Time: 30 – 35 min Serves: 4
Rice Vegetable Coconut Gratin
You really should know I don’t really like rice but I love vegetables and coconut milk. My two guys love rice and they could eat rice every day. So I had to create a combination of rice, coconut and vegetables and I have to say I loved the whole combination of rice, vegetables and coconut milk. My son’s comment was only saying “hmmmm” and he was eating two plates full of the rice vegetable coconut gratin. I am sure we are going to eat Rice Vegetable Coconut Gratin more often in the future.
100 g Soya mince
450 ml vegetable stock
1 mug rice
2 mugs of water
1 onion, finely chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
200 g mushrooms, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
1 leek, chopped into small pieces
400 ml coconut milk
100 g vegan cheese, grated
- Take a bowl and soak the soya mince in the vegetable stock as prescribed on the packet and leave for around 20 min.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a saucepan bring the water to the boil, add the rice and boil for around 10 minutes. It is not necessary for the rice to be totally cooked at this stage, as it will be cooked later in the oven.
- In a saucepan fry the onion golden-brown. Now take a large bowl and add the tomatoes, mushrooms, red peppers, leek, fried onion and the rice and mix all ingredients well. Pour in the coconut milk, mix well and place the gratin in a large gratin dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the gratin. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes at 200C, until the cheese is browned. Delicious served hot or warm.
- Alternatively you can use 400g of beef mince instead of soya mince. In this case, make sure to fry the mince together with the onion until it is cooked well.