Potato Curry with Peach
Preparation Time: 20 – 30 min Cooking Time: 30 – 35 min Serves: 3 – 4
400g potatoes, peeled and cut into little cubes
1 onion, finely chopped
20g Soya margarine
2 tsp mild curry powder
1 tbsp flour
250ml vegetable stock
150ml Soya cream
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 leek, finely chopped
3 peppers (red, green and yellow), finely chopped
400g tin peach halves, drained and patted dry, chopped in cubes
- Take a large saucepan and boil the potatoes with a little salt until they are cooked through.
- Now take a second saucepan and heat the soya margarine until it has melted. Add the onions and fry them until they are translucent .
- Stir in the curry powder and fry over a gentle heat for around 2 minutes.
- Now add the flour and stir for another 2 minutes until the flour is absorbed into the margarine and the mixture is golden brown.
- Gradually pour in the vegetable stock and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the soya cream. Season with little salt and pepper.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan and add the leek and pepper. Fry the vegetables for a few minutes until they have a golden colour.
- Now add the leek, pepper, peaches and potatoes to the saucepan with the sauce and let it simmer for another few minutes over a gentle heat.
Alternatively, try using a tin of mixed fruits instead of peaches!